Construction Sites Are Among The Most Hazardous Places To Work
Even a well run construction site can be like a minefield for workers and visitors. Those who are responsible for the oversight and maintenance of construction sites and equipment understand that falls, machinery accidents and a long list of other hazards are common to construction sites.
At Crandall & Pera Law, our construction accident lawyers have obtained millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for clients who sustained serious construction injuries, as well as for families whose loved ones died in their accidents. We fight to obtain for our clients and their families full compensation for their losses when injury or death results from negligence at construction sites. Trust us to represent you with attention, compassion and skill.
Common Construction Accidents
Our attorneys represent non-employees, such as pedestrians or subcontractors, who are not entitled to workers’ compensation. Some of the most common accidents Crandall & Pera Law’s dedicated lawyers handle include:
- Falls from scaffolds or ladders: Many construction workers’ lives depend on the proper construction and installation of scaffolding. When a weak or improperly designed scaffold or ladder sways, workers may fall.
- Accidents related to defective machinery and equipment: These may include accidents that were the result of improperly designed or maintained construction equipment, such as crane accidents, forklift accidents and backhoe accidents.
- Accidents caused by construction vehicles: These include pedestrians being run over, construction workers being struck or collisions with other vehicles that are driving near the site.
- Electric shock: Any time you mix heavy machinery, electricity and water – most of which abound on construction sites – the risk of danger increases.
- Fires and explosions: Construction, demolition work and other jobs can lead to fires, especially when HAZMAT or gas lines are involved.
The responsibility to keep site accidents from occurring requires that owners, general superintendents and foremen scrupulously enforce safety rules, comply fully with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA’s) regulations, and inspect the site and equipment regularly to ensure compliance with both federal and state laws.
Place Your Confidence In A Law Firm With A Proven Track Record
Your construction accident case is important to us. The attorneys at Crandall & Pera Law are experienced in obtaining justice and compensation for people who are injured on unsafe construction sites. We have handled complex personal injury cases throughout Ohio. Please call us at 855-444-6651, or fill out our contact form to schedule a no-obligation consultation. Our offices are located in several major Ohio and Kentucky cities, including in Cincinnati, Cleveland and Lexington.