Protecting The Rights Of Workers, Drivers, Passengers And Pedestrians

Many constructions sites have a large number of vehicles moving in and around the area, posing inherent risks to anyone around. The first set of dangers is to the workers in the construction site who are operating trucks, cars and any type of special vehicle such as cranes to transport, load and remove necessary materials. The second set of dangers is to the public who uses the highways, interstates, and local Ohio roads that are being worked on.

At Crandall & Pera Law Firm, we have the experience and skills to litigate wrongful death claims and personal injury lawsuits. Our lawyers have a proven track record of success as witnessed by our case results in both Ohio and Kentucky.

Why Do Motor Vehicle Accidents Happen At Construction Sites?

Of the nearly 87,000 annual vehicle accidents that happen in construction zones, about 70 percent of road construction zone deaths happen between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. according to U.S. Department of Transportation statistics. The other 30 percent happen when it is normally dark.

There are many reasons why vehicle accidents happen despite the orange cones and bright worker vests. Some reasons are:

  • Failing to properly warn drivers of oncoming construction vehicles
  • Speeding
  • Driver distraction
  • Open holes
  • Poor vehicle maintenance
  • Defective construction equipment
  • Poorly marked lanes
  • Failing to reduce the number of lanes
  • Uneven lanes
  • The presence of construction workers in areas where construction vehicles are
  • Improperly marked detours
  • Equipment on the highways or construction site
  • Loose debris
  • Drop-offs in the heights of the roads
  • Bad lighting
  • Falling objects

Who Is Responsible?

Our Ohio motor vehicle construction accident lawyers also make sure the right people and businesses are held responsible. Possible defendants include:

  • Site owners
  • Contractors and subcontractors
  • Vehicle owners
  • The drivers
  • Vehicle and equipment manufacturers

In some cases, it may be that the federal government, the state of Ohio, a county or another governmental unit was even responsible.

At Crandall & Pera Law, we help injury victims and the families of deceased individuals. We pursue compensation for hospital visits, doctor bills, medical devices, medications, lost income, physical pain, emotional suffering, disfigurement, scarring, property damage and sometimes punitive damages.

Schedule A Free Consultation Now

Please call us at 855-444-6651 to discuss your case for free or stay online and send us a message. We have locations in Chesterland, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Chagrin Falls and Lexington.