Comfort and Counsel for Parents Who Have Suffered the Ultimate Loss
Kentucky attorneys for complex stillbirth and wrongful death cases
Pregnancies are filled with hope and excitement for families. When a tragedy occurs that takes away that hope, it can seem impossible to go on. Families suffering such a catastrophic loss have questions about what went so wrong.
Crandall & Pera Law strives to help heartbroken families find the answers they need. Our team of medical malpractice attorneys and registered nurses has helped families throughout Kentucky after an act of medical negligence cost them a price too high to pay. If poor or incompetent medical care resulted in the wrongful death or stillbirth of your child, we will advocate on your behalf.
How medical negligence can lead to wrongful death
If a baby dies before the 20-week mark, it is considered a miscarriage. If a baby dies and is then delivered after the 20-week mark, it is considered a stillbirth. Why such a tragedy occurs could be linked to:
- Improper monitoring of the baby during the gestation period
- Undiagnosed preeclampsia in the expectant mother, or other problems with the placenta
- Undiagnosed fetal distress caused by an umbilical cord wrapped around the baby’s throat
- Untreated infections in the baby or the mother, including strep
- Failure to notify a mother that she is “high-risk,” and what she needs to do to minimize the risk of a stillbirth
- Failure to diagnose congenital defects
- Negligent labor and delivery practices
- Negligent postpartum care, including failure to diagnose and treat excess bilirubin levels
At Crandall & Pera Law, we know that your grief is deeply personal. We strive to offer you a safe and secure environment to discuss your story with a team who wants to help you. Our on-staff registered nurses can investigate your case from a medical perspective, while our attorneys strive to provide with you options for your next steps. We know that we cannot make up for your heartbreaking loss, but we try to eliminate some of the stress that comes from your medical bills, your funeral costs and your expenses of everyday living.
Compassion for families after the tragic wrongful death of their child
At Crandall & Pera Law, we have empathy for our clients who have lost a child because of medical negligence. We fight for justice on behalf of those who need it most. Please call 877-686-8879 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation at one of our Kentucky office locations in Lexington and Louisville.