Louisville Auto Accident Attorneys
Protecting your rights after a car crash in Louisville
Unfortunately, auto accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury. There are many ways a crash can occur, including drunk driving, reckless driving, and defective auto parts. When your accident is caused by another driver, you may be eligible for financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
With the help of an experienced Louisville auto accident lawyer at Crandall & Pera Law, you can get the representation you need to fight for the compensation you deserve. Let us focus on your legal challenges while you focus on your recovery.
What to do after an auto accident in Kentucky
Whether your accident involved a car, motorcycle, commercial truck, or any other vehicle, there are a few important steps you should take immediately after the crash. These steps include:
- The most important thing to do after an accident is check for injuries. If you are not sure if someone is hurt, call an ambulance anyway.
- If the accident is minor, try to move the vehicles to a safe place before you inspect the damage.
- Turn your hazards on to avoid another crash.
- Even if the accident is minor, call the police. Injuries may be latent, or the damage could be more extensive than you thought. If you need to take the case to court, having a police report is your best evidence.
- Do not sign any documents unless it is from a police officer. Do not admit fault, even if you think you might have contributed. All of these factors will work against you in a lawsuit.
- Take pictures of the damage so you have proof.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver. Also, get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Stay at the scene of the accident. Do not leave before the police get there, or you could ruin your chance of obtaining compensation.
- Contact a Louisville auto accident attorney as soon as possible.
Being involved in a crash is scary and overwhelming. Immediately after, you are probably not thinking about a potential lawsuit. However, it is imperative that you take all of these steps to help your case. The more thorough you are at the scene of the accident, the better your chance of having a successful case. Our knowledgeable attorneys are prepared to guide you through the legal process.
After a Kentucky car accident, get help from seasoned Louisville car accident lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident in Kentucky, Crandall & Pera Law is prepared to help. Call at 877-686-8879 today or use our contact form to schedule a free initial consultation. From our Louisville office, we represent clients throughout Kentucky.