Advocating on Behalf of Patients Whose Doctors Were Under the Influence
An accomplished medical malpractice law firm serving Kentucky
Medical professionals are held to a higher standard of care. When a healthcare provider breaks that trust by practicing medicine while under the influence, the results can be devastating.
Crandall & Pera Law understands the repercussions of that broken trust. We advocate on behalf of patients throughout Kentucky whose healthcare providers performed while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Our team comprises medical malpractice attorneys, registered nurses and legal staff; together, we strive to build cases for our clients to help them obtain compensation after they were injured or harmed by an inebriated healthcare provider.
These instances are on the rise
The reasons for the increase in these types of cases could include:
- Easier access to prescription medication. Medication is everywhere – especially in hospitals. Pharmaceutical representatives drop off samples to doctors in private practice, and hospitals keep large stores of painkillers throughout their halls.
- Inability to deal with stress. Medical professionals who work in hospitals are under a lot of stress: Lives are literally in their hands, and there have been studies that show that hospital workers may not be as well rested as they should be in order to do their jobs.
- Lack of accountability. It is incredibly difficult to get a state licensing board to take away a doctor’s license. The Kentucky Courier-Journal ran an expose on this topic.
It is important to note that not every doctor is an addict, and not every doctor practices medicine while inebriated – and those two scenarios may be mutually exclusive. An addict who seeks help may not deserve to lose his or her license, provided that individual never practiced medicine while intoxicated or under the influence. A doctor or surgeon under the influence can be deadly, and there is never an excuse for a medical professional to practice medicine while drunk or taking drugs.
What Crandall & Pera Law handles
Crandall & Pera Law will take on complex cases and advocate for patients whose healthcare providers were under the influence while:
- Performing surgery
- Diagnosing a patient
- Treating a patient
- Reviewing medical records and histories
- Monitoring a patient before, during or after a medical procedure
At Crandall & Pera Law, we investigate medical malpractice claims and let our clients know whether or not they have a case.
Fighting to help victims whose doctors were under the influence
Crandall & Pera Law offers compassionate and comprehensive care for patients harmed by a medical professional who practiced while intoxicated. Please call 877-686-8879 or fill out this convenient online contact form to schedule a no-obligation appointment at one of our Kentucky office locations.