Have you lost a loved one due to wrongful death? We can help you find justice and recover damages.
What is wrongful death?
Whenever the death of a person results from an injury inflicted by the negligence or wrongful act of another, damages may be recovered for the death from the person who caused it or whose agent or servant caused it.
These actions are prosecuted by the personal representative of the deceased and may be appropriate in a wide variety of factual circumstances.
We are experienced wrongful death attorneys in Ohio, Kentucky and Pennsylvania.
Wrongful death cases are challenging. Recoverable damages include those caused by the death, but the difficulty arises in determining the proper measure of each of these items.
The wrongful death lawyers of Crandall & Pera Law will work closely with you to:
- Represent the loss of your loved one’s ability to work and earn money.
- Recover funeral and estate administration expenses.
Our wrongful death lawyers can also work with you to recover damages for loss of consortium. These damages result from the loss of companionship, love, and services between two individuals.
Loss of consortium damages are available in three different contexts:
- A spouse may recover loss of consortium when the other spouse is injured or killed.
- A parent may recover loss of consortium when a child under the age of eighteen is killed.
- A child under the age of eighteen may recover loss of consortium when a parent is killed.
Our wrongful death attorneys can help seek punitive damages if the act causing the death was willful or the result of gross negligence.
Types of Cases We Handle
Compassionate representation for victims of personal injury, including:
|Medical Malpractice||Birth Injuries|
|Wrongful Death||Catastrophic Personal Injury|
|Construction Accidents||Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect|
|Commercial Trucking Accidents||Vaccine Injuries|