Lexington and Eastern Kentucky Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Office
Serving eastern Kentucky through our Lexington office, attorney Jordon Hall of Crandall & Pera Law, LLC, brings a unique background and perspective to our personal injury and medical malpractice clients. Our office is in the Chase Tower Building, conveniently located near major highways and both state and federal courthouses in downtown Lexington.
A Kentucky Attorney Serving His Local Community
Jordon is a Kentucky native who is proud to help his neighbors through difficult times. Jordon’s family has deep roots in eastern Kentucky, having first settled in this region in 1790. Jordon follows a long line of attorneys who have served the eastern Kentucky community, including his great-great grandfather, who began as an attorney in 1870 in Hindman. Jordon’s grandfather was also a well-known and well-liked medical negligence and personal injury attorney in Pikeville; he was someone Jordon looked up to and learned a great deal from.
Jordon Hall is from Raven, and his wife from Kite, both in Knott County. After graduating from Knott County Central High School and Morehead State University, Jordon received his law degree from University of Kentucky Law School. During law school, Jordon was very involved in several organizations, including the Appalachian Law Caucus, which saw him provide free legal services to disadvantaged Kentuckians who had been damaged by unethical and inappropriate legal services.
At Crandall & Pera Law, Jordon represents Kentucky residents with serious personal injury and medical malpractice claims. Click on the links below to learn more about how Jordon can help you:
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth And Delivery Injuries
- Failure To Diagnose And Misdiagnosis
- Hospital-Acquired Infections
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Partner With A Leader In Medical Malpractice Claims
Crandall & Pera Law has decades of experience representing victims of birth injuries, surgical errors, cancer misdiagnoses and other serious medical malpractice claims.
We are leaders in the field of medical malpractice and personal injury and accept some of the most complex cases across Kentucky. Our litigators regularly go up against large hospitals, insurance companies and can provide strong support to you throughout our investigation, litigation of your case and into the courtroom.
Crandall & Pera Law can represent you if you received negligent care at any medical facility in Kentucky, including the following health centers near Lexington and into eastern Kentucky:
- University of Kentucky HealthCare
- Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
- Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- Saint Joseph Hospital
- UK Good Samaritan Hospital
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Medical Center
- Baptist Health Lexington
- University of Kentucky Eastern State Hospital
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare
- Bluegrass Community Hospital
- Georgetown Community Hospital
- Paul B. Hall Regional Medical Center
- Whitesburg ARH Hospital
- Jenkins Community Hospital
- Pikeville Medical Center
- ARH Our Lady of the Way Hospital
- Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center
- Baptist Health Richmond
- Highlands ARH Regional Medical Center
Case Results: Kentucky Medical Malpractice
Some examples of the care and service Crandall & Pera Law has provided our clients in Lexington and eastern Kentucky include:
- A wrongful death and survivorship medical negligence case brought against a Danville medical center regarding the failure to diagnose deep vein thrombosis that unfortunately led to the death of a young woman from pulmonary embolism. Crandall & Pera Law gathered medical records from care providers in several locations and in several different counties in Kentucky, including filing cases in Boyle and Pulaski Circuit Court. After extensive litigation, which included depositions and providing a powerful array of expert witnesses to the defense, the care providers elected to resolve the case for a significant amount during private mediation.
- Crandall & Pera Law also recently successfully settled a case asserted against a well-known Lexington medical center, on behalf of a family in a medical malpractice matter. A well-known high school teacher and coach from Morehead sought medical care for abdominal pain. Unfortunately, his condition was not appropriately diagnosed and instead the wrong therapies and care was provided to him for over six weeks. Eventually, when his condition worsened his care was transferred to another hospital, who quickly made the correct diagnosis; however, he had become too sick, was unable to recover and eventually died from his condition. Crandall & Pera Law worked with the decedent’s widow, his son, as well as his extended family, to investigate and assemble an outstanding team of medical experts. After over a year of litigation, this case was resolved for a significant amount during private mediation.
- Crandall & Pera Law also has filed cases throughout Kentucky, including the wrongful death medical negligence lawsuit filed in Louisville on behalf of a woman who bled to death while an inpatient at a local university medical center. Our client, a 53-year-old primary education schoolteacher, had cardiac surgery that included some complications. In the post-operative setting, a nurse negligently changed her bed linens and a catheter was displaced causing massive bleeding and death. Crandall & Pera Law investigated the matter with expert witnesses, filed the case and began taking extensive depositions of the nurses, physicians and ancillary staff involved in the incident. The family of the decedent were also successfully prepared and defended in their depositions, taken by lawyers for the physicians and hospital that was involved in the case. Eventually the defendants collectively agreed to successfully settle the case for a significant amount, again utilizing private mediation to do so.
These are just a few of the outstanding results Crandall & Pera Law has achieved for their clients. When you hire our law firm to investigate and prosecute either a personal injury or medical negligent matter, you can be assured you are hiring experienced, smart, well-prepared and tough trial lawyers who will fight for you and your family.
Gain An Advocate After A Serious Kentucky Motor Vehicle Accident
Due to Lexington’s location near the junction of Interstate 64 and Interstate 75, we see many serious car and truck accidents each year. Crandall & Pera Law can help you secure maximum compensation if you suffered a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury or another catastrophic injury.
Kentucky follows a unique “choice no fault” model for car accident claims. When you purchase car insurance, you can choose to opt out of the standard no-fault system. This would allow you to file a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent driver, but it would also leave you vulnerable to being sued. Our experienced car accident attorney Jordon can fully explain Kentucky’s fault system and how it will impact your specific car accident claim.
Arriving At Our Office
We recommend parking in the paid garage that is on the southeastern side of the Chase Tower Building. If you prefer, there are also metered parking spots across the street from our office.
Our office is located on the fifth floor of the building, suite 530.
If you are unable to travel to our office, Jordon can travel to the hospital or your home, or he is more than happy to connect with you remotely through Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Facetime.
Local Points Of Interest
United States District Court: 101 Barr St, Lexington, KY 40507
Fayette County District Court: 150 N Limestone, Lexington, KY 40507
University of Kentucky: Lexington, KY 40506
Transylvania University: 300 N Broadway, Lexington, KY 40508
Rupp Arena: 430 W Vine St, Lexington, KY 40507