Our Cincinnati Central Business District Office
When you are ill or injured, you expect your doctors to look after you. When you are out driving or working on a construction site, you expect others to take care to prevent harm. But, when someone else acts negligently or even recklessly, and causes severe injury or death, where can you turn?
The Cincinnati medical malpractice and personal injury attorneys of Crandall & Pera Law understand how overwhelming this time can be. We offer Cincinnati families hope after an act of negligence has led to a serious, often permanent injury, such as birth injury or wrongful death. When you are hurt, we know how to help.
Medical Malpractice And Birth Injuries
Every case we take is prepared for trial – and since every one of our founding members is a former insurance defense attorney, we can anticipate the arguments we will face in those trials and prepare accordingly in following types of situations:
- Medical malpractice: From missed diagnosis, medication errors, spinal cord injury, brain damage, amputations to surgical errors and the untimely and wrongful death of a patient, we handle even the most complex medical malpractice cases in Ohio.
- Birth injuries: Few injuries are as heartbreaking as those that happen to our children. We have substantial experience assisting families whose newborn babies were born with injuries or undetected birth defects, including cerebral palsy, brachial plexus injury, or maternal and fetal wrongful death.
At Crandall & Pera Law, we offer our clients and their families options about their futures. We have the skills, experience and resources to handle complex claims, and can adapt to changing situations easily.
Two-Year Limitations Period For Auto Accident Claims
In Ohio, auto accident cases fall under the same statute of limitations that affects most types of personal injury cases. You must file a lawsuit within two years of the date of the accident. In the case of a wrongful death, you must file a claim within two years of the date of the death, which could be different from the date of the accident.
If you do not file within the statute of limitations, your case will not be heard. Seek legal advice as soon as possible following an accident to ensure your case is filed within the time limit.
When Accidents Occur On Construction Sites
We are also skilled at representing workers who have suffered injuries while on the job. Countless regulations exist to keep construction sites safe — mandatory signage, traffic control measures, flagging and means for sidewalk closures. When they are ignored, workers, site visitors or those walking past can suffer severe, even life-threatening injuries. The most common causes of injuries include:
- Falls when working on scaffolding or ladders
- Getting hit by debris
- Getting caught in machines or between objects
- Being run over or crushed by construction vehicles or heavy machinery
We are prepared to carefully investigate your case to find the cause of the accident, who was at fault, and if there was a failure to meet the safety regulations. We fight to get you the best possible results.
We Are Here For You
At our Cincinnati office location in the URS Tower at 36 East 7th Street, Suite 2610, we keep typical Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. office hours. Because accidents do not always occur within these hours, we encourage you to call anytime.