Aggressive Protection For Clients Harmed By Medication Mistakes
Hospitals make medication errors about one in five times. Topping the list of reasons is giving the medicine at the wrong time or omitting a dose. FDA statistics show that medication errors cause one person to die daily. Medication errors can cause death, permanent injury, or a full range of serious health issues
The medical malpractice lawyers and registered nurses at Crandall & Pera Law have extensive experience handling negligence claims involving medication errors. We know how harmful taking the wrong drug or being prescribed incorrect medication can be. We want you and your families to have confidence that we will understand your pain, explain your rights, and fight for the full compensation the law allows.
Common Medication Errors
Doctors, nurses, hospitals, pharmacies and others who make and distribute drugs could commit a variety of medication errors, including:
- Prescribing or giving the incorrect drug or wrong dosage
- Failing to give the medication at the right time
- Failing to monitor how the patient reacts to the drug
- Failing to check the patient’s medical history
- Not considering possible interactions with other drugs the patient takes
- Failing to inform about the side effects
- Not giving proper instructions on when and how to take the medication
- Not writing a readable prescription or labeling a medication correctly
- Incorrect diagnosis of the patient’s medical condition
Crandall & Pera Law also represents patients who got the wrong drug through a software error.
One of our past results involved a medication error. The nurses failed to monitor our client after the medication was prescribed, and as a result she suffered a significant brain injury. While no amount of money can ever make up for the time and quality of life our client lost, the settlement will help pay for her lifelong care, and offer the family some security in the future. The case settled for $1.6 million.
Dangers Of A Transforaminal Epidural Injection For Chronic Pain Management
Our dedicated lawyers advocate for the rights of people who received an epidural that was not properly injected. In these cases, transforaminal epidural injections can cause permanent damage to nerves, and result in paralysis and even death.
Other complications include:
- Permanent injury to the spinal cord
- Damage to arteries and internal bleeding. These conditions can cause spinal cord strokes or brain strokes
- Heart or respiratory arrest
While doctors are primarily the ones who prescribe and administer transforaminal injections, nursing homes for the elderly may also be liable in certain cases.
We Protect The Rights And Interests Of Victims.
The skilled lawyers at Crandall & Pera Law understand the legal and medical issues involved in medication error cases, and they know which strategies work. Please call 855-444-6651 or fill out our contact form to make an appointment with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer at one of our offices across Ohio and northern Kentucky.