What Happens When Your Spinal Surgeon Makes Your Injury Worse?

When patients see an orthopedic spinal or neurosurgeon like Dr. Jamal Taha, you expect they will perform their jobs carefully and won’t leave you worse off. Unfortunately, an increasing number of patients report injuries caused by the surgeon’s negligence.

This unfortunate trend is impacting people all over Ohio and into Kentucky. Don’t let these surgeons get away with harming you. Our malpractice lawyers at Crandall & Pera Law can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.

Devastating Surgical Malpractice In Ohio

When a spinal surgeon tells you need surgery, you usually listen. However, many surgeons recommend performing aggressive and risky procedures, including multi-level spinal fusions, rather than just herniated disc removals at one or two levels. Spinal fusion surgeries are much more dangerous and complex. They often involve placing an interbody fusion spacer, an implant meant to stabilize the spine. However, it must be placed correctly and with care.

Recently, there has been an increase in patients reporting injuries due to their surgeons negligently inserting the spacer at the wrong angle and leaving the spacer in the wrong position at the end of the surgery. These negligent acts can cause severe and life-altering injuries, such as paralysis.

We Will Hold Negligent Surgeons Accountable

If you or your loved one underwent spinal cord surgery and have suffered a worsened injury, you may be able to obtain compensation through a medical malpractice claim. While no amount of money will take away your pain and suffering, it can help you pay your medical bills, substitute for lost wages and move forward with your life.

Our firm has immense experience helping victims of medical malpractice. We know how to bring negligent surgeons to justice.

Our Award-Winning Team Is Here For You

Don’t wait to contact an experienced malpractice attorney as soon as possible after your injury. There is a limited time to investigate, prepare and file your case. Contact us today at 855-444-6651 or send us an email. Your initial consultation is always free.