Experienced Bus Accident Attorneys Who Know How To Protect Your Rights
At Crandall & Pera Law, our lawyers provide aggressive, effective counsel on behalf of clients who have sustained serious injuries, or who have lost a loved one, in a collision or accident involving city buses like TANK and TARC, Greyhound and Megabus, school buses or tour buses. We understand that there are multiple factors that may come into play in accidents involving common carriers, and that these complex cases require care and diligence to pursue.
Common Causes Of Bus Accidents
Because of the size and weight of these vehicles, bus passengers are less likely to be seriously injured than other drivers, pedestrians and cyclists.
The majority of bus crashes are a result of driver error, though outside factors like roadways and mechanical failure also play a role. The most common causes of bus accidents include:
- Fatigued, distracted or drunk bus drivers
- Aggressive or reckless driving by the bus driver
- Poor road conditions, often exacerbated by inclement weather
- Unruly passengers, especially when they have been drinking all day
- Weight distribution problems, which can make the bus unstable
- Poor maintenance of the vehicles
- Lack of training and/or poor supervision by the bus company and its managers
- Other vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians who do not follow the rules of the road
What Are Some Of The Liability Issues?
Busing companies are common carriers: that means they transport goods or people from one place to another. As such, they owe their passengers a greater duty of care than the average driver owes his fellow driver. When it comes to making a claim for compensation, you must be able to prove:
- That such a duty of care existed
- That the bus driver or company breached that duty
- That this breach is what led to your injury
- That you sustained damage as a result
Even in seemingly open-and-shut cases, however, complications may arise. For example, many bus companies are owned and operated by local government. That means the amount of time you have to make a claim could be significantly shorter than it might against a privately-owned company.
No matter how you sustained an injury, you want to speak with an experienced Kentucky bus accident lawyer as soon as you can, so that he or she can begin documenting evidence, investigating the accident and building your case. It is possible that more than just the driver could be held liable for your injuries.
The Crandall & Pera Law Difference
We understand that time is of the essence when you are pursuing a claim against a bus driver, a busing company or another negligent party. Our team works diligently and aggressively to help you obtain compensation for:
- Your medical bills and expenses, including rehab treatments, surgeries and prescription medications
- Your lost wages, as well as any diminished future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses, in cases where your loved one has died as a result of his or her injuries
At Crandall & Pera Law, you are not just a nameless face. We take great pride in the relationships we build with our clients, and the work we do on their behalf. We have earned a reputation in and around Louisville and Lexington for our aggressive, proactive approach to the law, and for preparing every case we take for trial — efforts that often lead common carriers and their insurance companies more willing to offer a just settlement for our clients.
Putting Your Needs First
As Crandall & Pera Law, we uphold and protect the rights of injury victims. Our skilled lawyers know what it takes to build a successful case for damages. We know that you may be facing a future that is drastically different from the one you imagined; let us help you keep it secure.