Types Of Auto Accidents
While few if any accidents are identical, auto accidents occur with enough frequency to be classified in major groups: fatal or non-fatal, type of vehicle, type of impact, commercial vs. passenger vehicle, driver’s condition, road conditions and so on. The type and cause of the crash you were involved in often have an impact on the severity of your injuries and the amount of compensation you may be entitled to in a legal action.
At Crandall & Pera Law, we are experienced in investigating and litigating every kind of car crash possible. Our firm’s attorneys have an in-depth understanding of the law that has allowed us to obtain several multi million-dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients.
Types Of Crashes We Handle
Auto accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere and at any time of day. Even the most careful driver is susceptible to the dangers of a reckless driver. We handle claims involving:
- Head-on collisions. These kinds of crashes are particularly likely to cause serious injury because of the amount of energy they generate. Although air bags, seat belts and controlled collapse designs help reduce the likelihood of fatality, few people walk away from such a collision uninjured.
- Sideswipes. If the vehicle is in motion when side-impacted, it may skid into a stationary object or into oncoming traffic, or may turn over. Further injuries to passengers’ necks, spines and hips often occur as a result of the impacted vehicle’s sudden change in direction.
- Rear-end collisions. Despite seat belts, air bags and headrests, rear-end collisions are the major cause of whiplash injuries. These injuries to the cervical vertebrae result from sudden, severe forward and backward motion of the head beyond its normal limits.
- Broadside collisions. Commonly known as “T-bone” accidents, broadside collisions occur when the side of one vehicle is impacted by the front of another. Drivers and passengers are at serious risk in fast moving broadside accidents.
- Head-on. If the front-ends of two cars collide, this is known as a head-on collision. These types of accidents happen when one driver is going the wrong way down a one-way street, a car drifts into the opposing lane on a road or through similar negligent actions.
- Multicar collisions. Claims increase in complexity when multiple vehicles are involved in the crash. You may have more than one party involved, and different drivers might share some of the blame for the accident.
- Wrong way accidents. Drivers who drive their car the wrong way on an entrance or exit ramp, a one-way street or a highway put the other cars on the road at serious risk.
Drivers who are found to be at fault for any of these kinds of crashes may be liable for your damages, including property damage, lost wages, medical expenses and more.
Our Ohio Attorneys’ Experience; Your Peace Of Mind
In Ohio, where liability can sometimes be shared, let one of our attorneys ensure that it is shared fairly, in accordance with the facts of your case. Please call us at 855-444-6651 or fill out our contact form to schedule a no-obligation consultation.
We serve clients across Ohio, from offices in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Chesterland and Chagrin Falls.