Cleveland Truck Accidents
Aggressive Legal Representation for Victims of Truck Accidents in Cleveland
Cleveland attorneys protect your legal rights after a devastating crash
If a commercial truck struck your vehicle, may have suffered a catastrophic injury, incurred tremendous amounts in medical bills and lost wages or are dealing with the unimaginable loss of a loved one. Due to the sheer size and weight of commercial trucks, the ramifications of a collision far surpass those of a passenger vehicle collision in severity. As a result, all trucking and packing companies are governed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMCSA). This set of governing regulations applies to trucking, packing and shipping companies. Despite these regulations, trucking collisions are still common and the results for victims are often simply devastating.
The Cleveland truck accident lawyers at Crandall & Pera Law are dedicated to representing your interests in a personal injury or wrongful death case. Due to the number of companies and parties involved in a trucking collision, proving fault is incredibly complicated and requires extensive investigation and specialized knowledge of the crash reconstruction, federal truck safety regulations and engineering principals. The legal team at Crandall & Pera Law has years of experience dealing with trucking company insurance providers, working with investigators to determine a cause and litigating on your behalf to secure fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Common causes of truck accidents
The vast majority of trucking accidents are caused by the following causes. An experienced Cleveland attorney will be able to guide the investigation to ascertain whether any of the below listed causes was at play and whether financial compensation is due to you and your family.
- Defects In vehicle. Defective vehicles include those with faulty tires and brakes, steering issues, and additional mechanical failures.
- Subpar maintenance and repair. Trucking companies who fail to adhere to guidelines outlining routine inspection and repairs of their trucks can be held liable for collisions.
- Weather. Like all vehicles, trucks are susceptible to the effects of fog, rain, sleet and snow.
- Driver error. Driver errors can include everything from texting while driving to carelessly switching lanes on a major highway. Other driver errors that can result in a determination of driver fault include intoxication, driving while tired, driving while on a phone call, illegal left hand turns and speeding.
- Trucking company errors. Trucking companies found to have unsafe hiring and training practices can be held at fault for truck collisions and are often required to offer compensation to victims.
- Unsafe loads. Shipping and trucking companies that send drivers on the road with unsafe and unstable loads endanger everyone on the road and can be held liable for any truck collisions resulting from their negligence.
Cleveland truck crash attorneys are here to advocate for you
Victims of trucking collisions are often devastated by the multitude of consequences that can result from sustaining significant injuries in the collision, the emotional and financial toll of losing a loved one or an insecure financial future resulting from months or years of lost wages. A Cleveland truck accident lawyer, the Crandall & Pera Law team is dedicated to being the voice for your concerns and ensuring a fair settlement is awarded. Please call 877-686-8879, or fill out our contact form, to speak with an experienced Cleveland truck accident attorney about your case. With offices in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chesterland, Columbus, or Chagrin Falls, our firm is conveniently located to represent clients throughout Ohio.