Ohio Motor Vehicle Accidents

Strong Legal Counsel for Motor Vehicle-Related Construction Accident Victims throughout Ohio

Protecting the rights of workers, drivers, passengers, and pedestrians

Many constructions sites have a large number of vehicles moving in and around the area, posing inherent risks to anyone around. The first set of dangers is to the workers in the construction site who are operating trucks, cars, and any type of special vehicle such as cranes to transport, load, and remove necessary materials. The second set of dangers is to the driving public that uses the highways, interstates, and local Ohio roads that are being worked on. The dangers include the possibility of a wrongful death, broken bones, spinal cord damage, traumatic injury, and a host of other possible injuries.

Our Crandall & Pera Law Firm has the experience Ohio residents and those who drive on Ohio roads need. Our Ohio motor vehicle construction accident lawyers have the experience and skills to litigate wrongful death claims and personal injury lawsuits. Our lawyers have a proven track record of success as witnessed by our case results. Attorney Stephen Crandall of Crandall & Pera Law successfully represented James Daniel Hughes, who was run over by a dump truck on the Ohio State campus in Columbus. The truck was being driven by a contractor who was working on the campus at the time. Mr. Hughes, who was 18 when the accident occurred, lost his right leg as a result of the accident, and sustained serious damage to his pelvis and spine.

Reasons motor vehicle accidents at construction sites happen

Federal Highway Administration data for 2010 confirmed over 87,000 yearly vehicle accidents in construction locations. About 70% of road construction zone deaths happen between 8am and 5pm according to U.S. Department of Transportation statistics. The other 30% happen when it is normally dark.

There are many reasons why vehicle accidents happen despite the orange cones and bright worker vests. Some reasons our Ohio motor vehicle construction accident lawyers review are:

  • Failing to properly warn drivers of oncoming construction
  • Speeding
  • Driver distraction
  • Open holes
  • Poor vehicle maintenance
  • Defective construction equipment
  • Poorly marked lanes
  • Failing to reduce the number of lanes
  • Uneven lanes
  • The presence of construction workers in areas where construction vehicles are
  • Improperly marked detours
  • Equipment on the highways or construction site
  • Loose debris,
  • Drop-offs in the heights of the roads
  • Bad lighting
  • Falling objects

Who is responsible?

Our Ohio motor vehicle construction accident lawyers also make sure the right people and businesses are held responsible. Possible defendants include:

  • Site owners
  • Contractors and subcontractors
  • Vehicle owners
  • The drivers
  • Vehicle and equipment manufacturers

In some cases, an Ohio motor vehicle construction accident lawyer at Crandall & Pera Law may argue that the federal government, the state of Ohio, a county, or other governmental unit was responsible.

At Crandall & Pera Law, our Ohio motor vehicle construction accident attorneys are eager to help you get justice for your injuries. We help injury victims and the families of deceased individuals. We pursue compensation for hospital visits, doctor bills, and medical devices, medications, lost income, physical pain, emotional suffering, disfigurement, scarring, property damage and sometimes punitive damages.

Get a free consultation with an experienced Ohio motor vehicle construction accident lawyer today

Crandall & Pera Law is here to answer your questions, show compassion for your pain, guide you through the litigation process, and get the strongest recovery possible. Please phone us at 877-686-8879 to discuss your case for free or complete our contact form. We have locations in Chesterland, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Chagrin Falls. We make arrangements to see clients who are not mobile at their home.

Serving Ohio and Kentucky • Find a Location Near Me

Cleveland Office:
850 Euclid Ave
#1122
Cleveland, OH 44114
216-220-0000
Cincinnati Office:
36 East 7th Street, Suite 2610
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
513-977-5581
Cleveland East Office:
15 1/2 N. Franklin Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
440-600-2181
Columbus Office:
35 E. Gay Street,
Suite 226
Columbus, Ohio 43215
614-702-2623
Chesterland Office:
12768 Chillicothe Rd., Suite 210
Chesterland, Ohio 44026
440-688-4281
Toledo Office:
5055 Enterprise Blvd., Suite 1204
Toledo, Ohio 43612
419-901-8677
Cincinnati Office:
1095 Nimitzview Dr., Suite 403
Cincinnati, OH 45230
513-434-3226
Lexington Office:
1900 Cambridge Drive, Suite 101
Lexington, KY 40504
859-757-0815
Louisville Office:
2950 Breckenridge Ln, Suite 13-100
Louisville, KY 40220
502-373-8313

Contact Us For A Free Evaluation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Text Us877.686.8879