Aggressive Protection for Clients Harmed by Medication Mistakes in Ohio
Crandall & Pera Law fights for patients who were injured because of medication errors
Hospitals make medication errors about one in five times. Topping the list of reasons is giving the medicine at the wrong time or omitting a dose. FDA statistics show that medication errors cause one person to die daily. Medication errors can cause death, permanent injury, and a full range of serious health issues
The Ohio medical malpractice lawyers and Registered Nurses at Crandall & Pera Law have extensive experience handling negligence claims involving medication errors. We know how harmful taking the wrong drug or being prescribed incorrect medication can be. We want you and your families to have confidence that we will understand your pain, explain your rights, and fight for the full compensation the law allows. Our medical malpractice attorneys serve Ohio clients in Chagrin Falls, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, and the nearby regions.
Common medication errors
There are many types of medication errors that are committed by doctors, nurses, hospitals, pharmacies, and others who make and distribute drugs. Some of the more common types of medication errors are:
- Prescribing the incorrect drug
- Prescribing the wrong dosage
- Failing to give the medication at the right time
- Giving the patient the wrong medication or the wrong dosage
- Failing to monitor how the patient reacts to the drug
- Failing to check the patient’s medical history
- Not considering possible interactions with other drugs the patient takes
- Not telling the patient about the side effects
- Not giving proper instructions on when and how to take the medication
- Not writing a readable prescription
- Not labeling a medication correctly
- Incorrect diagnosis of the patient’s medical condition
Crandall & Pera Law also represents patients who got the wrong drug through a software error.
Crandall & Pera Law protects the rights and interests of Ohio medical malpractice victims
Patients who undergo surgery, have a disease, or suffer an injury often are required to take multiple medications. Any one medication error can cause fatal consequences or problems for the patient that can last a lifetime. The lawyers at Crandall & Pera Law understand the legal and medical issues involved in medication error cases, and we know which strategies work. Please call 877-686-8879 or fill out our contact form to make an appointment with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer at our offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Chagrin Falls, and Chesterland.