We Help Amputees Get Full Compensation
Losing a limb is incomprehensible until it happens to you. A catastrophic accident that causes the loss of an arm, leg, foot or hand comes with physical pain, especially at the point of the amputation. Just as traumatic, it comes with the psychological trauma of losing a vital body part and the knowledge that the loss of the limb drastically affects your social life, ability to work and ability to enjoy life. When the loss is due to someone else’s negligence, the distress can be unbearable.
The catastrophic injury lawyers at Crandall & Pera Law in Ohio have the empathy and experience to help you and your family through this extremely upsetting time. We have been helping personal injury victims, including those who suffer the catastrophic loss of one or more limbs, obtain substantial compensation benefits. From our five Ohio offices in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chesterland, Chagrin Falls and Columbus, our attorneys represent clients in all neighboring regions.
Accidents That Cause A Loss Of Limb
A loss of limb or multiple limbs often occurs because of serious accidents – ones that have a great amount of force. Frequently, these severe accidents are caused by a person’s failure to act reasonably or use ordinary care, or by their carelessness or recklessness. In the legal world, this is known as “negligence.” Some of the more common ways that someone could lose a limb include:
- Vehicle Accidents. These include accidents between cars, trucks, motorcycles and trains, or accidents involving any combination of these vehicles.
- Construction/Industrial Accidents. Construction workers and anyone in the vicinity of an industrial work site are susceptible to injuries due to a heavy object falling or striking them at any time.
- Medical Malpractice. Many medical procedures, when done improperly, can cause someone to loss an appendage. Our Ohio lawyers work with doctors to review why horrible catastrophic injuries occur in often-straightforward procedures.
- Explosions. Explosions can occur because a product did not perform the way it was supposed to, because of gas leaks, or for other reasons.
The Ohio personal injury attorneys at Crandall & Pera Law will investigate the cause of your accident. We use accident reconstruction experts to help determine why a catastrophic injury occurred and medical experts to assess your medical traumas. From there, our lawyers pursue compensation from the responsible parties.
Compensation For Loss Of Limb Injuries
A loss of limb is different physically and psychologically from many other injuries. Many patients complain of a phantom pain, where the patient still feels pain in the limb that is gone. There is great emotional distress because the person feels disfigured, that people are looking at them, that they have to rely on others for help, and that they can’t do the tasks and activities they could before the accident.
When the loss of limb was caused through the negligence of another, Crandall & Pera Law’s Ohio catastrophic injury lawyers will investigate what caused the accident, determine the full extent of your injuries, and pursue compensation for your:
- Current medical expenses and future medical costs
- Pain and suffering
- Prosthetic equipment costs and the training to use them
- Vocational counseling, so you can learn a new trade if the loss of limb means you cannot do your current job
- Loss in pay, if any new job will pay less than your prior job
- Loss of earnings because you cannot do your current job
Ohio Lawyers Advocating For Injury Victims
Losing a limb means starting your life over. At Crandall & Pera Law, our team can help you through the insurance claims process and recovery so you can start anew.
Please call 855-444-6651 or fill out our contact form to make an appointment at one of our offices in Chagrin Falls, Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland or Chesterland. We fight to maximize your compensation and explain your rights every step of the way.