The Cleveland Clinic Is Highly Rated But Also A Large Institution That Inflicts Medical Malpractice On Many Patients Each Year
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation is consistently rated as one of the top hospitals in the United States; just recently they maintained their ranking as the No. 2 ranked hospital system by U.S. News and World Report. However, the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, through nurses, physicians and staff, also are guilty of numerous acts of medical malpractice on many patients each year. There are a number of reasons why this occurs, among them:
- The Cleveland Clinic is an enormous business with hospitals spread throughout Ohio and Florida. As a result, The Cleveland Clinic treats a high volume of patients through the employment of thousands of nurses and physicians, not all of whom are as well trained and experienced as advertised.
- The Cleveland Clinic is a profitable business and, while they genuinely try to provide acceptable medical care, they are influenced by profit, which can lead to medical mistakes and malpractice. For example, The Cleveland Clinic has purchased various hospitals and assumed the employment of many physicians who wear and advertise The Cleveland Clinic badge, but whom do not share the excellent education, training and experience many of the physicians at their main campus have.
- The Cleveland Clinic has a practice of hiring a well credentialed and trained physician to be identified as a leader in a particular area of medicine. This physician is held out to the public in advertising as the best in that area of medicine; however, below them are physicians who see many patients and who are not as experienced as the division leader. These other physicians unfortunately perform many instances of medical malpractice on patients who were drawn to The Cleveland Clinic through advertisement of the division leader.
- The Cleveland Clinic strives to be an international provider of medical care. As a result, they seek to hire physicians and care providers from numerous foreign countries with training outside the U.S. While there are many very good foreign-born and foreign-trained physicians, there are also physicians hired as a result of their ability to attract foreign patients who have a skill set that is less than that of a U.S. trained physician. This can lead to devastating medical malpractice occurring to patients who seek care at The Cleveland Clinic.
- The Cleveland Clinic is a “teaching hospital,” which means residents and fellows often see patients more often than the fully trained attending physician that you have retained to be your physician. Many patients report that they see the attending physician at the beginning of the care, and thereafter, they are routinely and frequently seen by inferiorly trained assistants, residents or fellows. This lower level of training often results in numerous instances of medical malpractice.
Why Should You Trust The Lawyers At Crandall & Pera Law To Evaluate Your Potential Medical Malpractice Case Against The Cleveland Clinic?
The lawyers at Crandall & Pera Law, LLC, are highly capable at investigating and representing you in a medical malpractice case against The Cleveland Clinic. There are many reasons this is true:
- Both founding partners Marc Pera and Steve Crandall were initially trained as medical negligence defense lawyers. In fact, in the 1990s, Steve Crandall was hired and retained by The Cleveland Clinic as one of its medical malpractice defense lawyers. As a result, both Marc and Steve have unique insight into how The Cleveland Clinic functions as a business and hospital system, as well as how they will attempt to defend the case you bring against them.
- Steve Crandall has successfully represented clients against The Cleveland Clinic and obtained numerous significant verdicts and settlements for medical malpractice. This includes a $7.7 million verdict against The Cleveland Clinic on behalf of one of their own neurosurgeons. This verdict remains one of the largest verdicts found against The Cleveland Clinic and can be found on Cleveland.com by researching his client’s name, Xiao Di M.D. v. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- Crandall & Pera Law lawyers have also successfully represented foreign clients whom The Cleveland Clinic have recruited and brought to their hospital system for care. These include families from Kuwait and Peru,where cases were successfully brought against The Cleveland Clinic for damages involving brain damage, surgical errors and wrongful death. The lawyers at Crandall & Pera Law have been hired by lawyers around the country who contacted them to represent clients who received negligent care at The Cleveland Clinic.
- Crandall & Pera Law, LLC, has investigated and represented clients against The Cleveland Clinic in a wide variety of medical malpractice cases. These include claims for:
- Negligent surgical technique leading to damages and death
- Negligent post-surgical care leading to damages and death, including negligent discharge from PACU, negligent nursing monitoring and failure to follow up on abnormal imaging findings
- Negligent interpretation of various imaging findings, including CT scans and MRI’s leading to a delay in diagnosis and death
- Negligent eye surgery leading to partial blindness and an inability to function at work
- Negligent tracking of medication and medication related errors resulting in injury
- Wrongful death claims
- Brain damage due to negligent care
- Delay in diagnosis leading to cardiac damage, surgical errors and paralysis
What Can You Expect From Working With Crandall & Pera Law?
At Crandall & Pera Law, the hallmark of our practice is personal care. Our compassionate attorneys will walk you through each stage of your medical malpractice claim, ensuring you have the information you need. We encourage you to reach out with all questions and concerns.
Our partnership does not end once we secure a settlement or verdict. We care about our clients’ well-being and work hard to set them up for future success. We will make sure you have the proper tools in place to manage any ongoing health concerns and to promote financial stability.
Our Clients Come From Around The World
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation flies in patients from around the world. Regardless of your country of origin, Crandall & Pera Law can protect your rights and your health. Our team has represented clients from Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. We can hire translators as necessary.
Discuss Your Cleveland Clinic Medical Malpractice Claim In A Free Consultation
If you believe that you or a loved one suffered from medical malpractice at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, call Crandall & Pera Law at 855-444-6651. You can also contact us online to schedule your free initial case consultation. You typically have one year from the date of your injury to file a medical malpractice lawsuit, so we recommend reaching out to our team as soon as possible.
We have two offices in the Cleveland area, but we can meet with you at the hospital, your home or hotel if you are unable to travel.