MARC PERA, TRIAL ATTORNEY, CRANDALL & PERA LAW
After graduating from The Ohio State University College of Law in 1996, Marc gained valuable experience defending insurance companies and large corporations.
This provided Marc with insight into how insurance companies evaluate and handle claims. In 2002, Marc began representing victims who suffered catastrophic injury and loss as a result of negligence.
Since that time, Marc has limited his practice to representing those hurt as a result of medical negligence, ordinary negligence, drunk driving, construction negligence, and commercial trucking negligence.
Marc was named in the Top 50 Cincinnati and Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers lists for 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013 by Law and Politics and Cincinnati Magazine and was named an Ohio “Super Lawyer” and “Super Lawyer Rising Star” by those same publications in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, and 2005.
Marc has been selected as a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers every year since 2014.
Marc has also been named to the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys Top 10 every year since 2015.
Marc has been named to the Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement of the Top 100 by America’s Top 100.
Avvo ranks Marc as “superb” with a perfect 10 out of 10 ranking.
Marc has served as the Medical Negligence Committee Chair for the Ohio Association for Justice (2009-2010) and the Solo/Small Firm Committee Chair for the Cincinnati Bar Association (2006-2008). He also served on the Ohio Association for Justice as Board of Trustees Representative At Large (2014-2016).
Marc is frequently asked to speak to other lawyers and has given lectures for Florida Bar, Cincinnati Bar, Clermont County Bar, and Montgomery County Bar associations, and the Ohio Association for Justice.
Marc has served as a Trustee of the Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association since 2013 and is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Ohio Association for Justice, the Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers, the Ohio State Bar Association, and the Cincinnati Bar Association, among others.
Marc manages Crandall & Pera Law’s Cincinnati and Dayton offices but also is primary counsel on cases throughout Ohio and Kentucky.
- Invited Speaker, Cincinnati Bar Association, Selecting and Prosecuting Plaintiff’s Cases, October 2017
- Invited Speaker, Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, Opening Statements and Closing Arguments, May 2014
- Invited Speaker, Trial Objections, Cincinnati Bar Association’s Advocacy Series, May 2013
- Invited Speaker, Las Vegas, The Basics of Medical Malpractice, Getaway CLE 2013
- Invited Speaker, Flying Solo, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2012
- Invited Speaker, Bad Faith Litigation, NBI, 2012
- If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can watch watch Marc Pera on Insider Exclusive!
- Lecture was given in Las Vegas, NV, Invited Speaker, The Basics of Medical Malpractice, Getaway CLE, 2012
- Invited Speaker, Litigating Uninsured/underinsured Motorists Claims, NBI, 2011
- Invited Speaker, Maximizing Damages, NBI, 2010
- Invited speaker regarding how to successfully identify and screen medical malpractice, employer intentional tort, and products liability cases, Speaker, Take It, Refer It, or Run From It, Cincinnati Eastside Lawyers, 2009
- Invited speaker regarding advanced deposition techniques for the Presidential Showcase Continuing Legal Education Seminar for the Florida Bar Association, Speaker, Advanced Deposition Techniques, The Florida Bar Association, 2009
- Invited speaker for Ohio Association for Justice (Ohio trial lawyer association) regarding how to maximize value of medical malpractice cases with effective opening statement, Speaker, A New Approach to Damages, Ohio Association for Justice, 2008
- Invited speaker for new lawyers training regarding medical malpractice cases, Speaker, Medical Malpractice Basics, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2008
- Invited speaker for new lawyers training for Cincinnati Bar Association regarding medical malpractice cases, Speaker, Medical Malpractice Basics, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2007
- Invited panel member to discuss what works during trial and what doesn’t for Hamilton County Trial Lawyers Organization (Cincinnati Trial Lawyers Association), Panel Member, Trial Tactics, Hamilton County Trial Lawyers, 2007
- Invited speaker regarding how to maximize the value of medical malpractice and personal injury cases, Speaker, What is your case worth?, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2007
- Gave continuing legal education seminar on “tort reform” in Ohio, Speaker, Tort Reform,Solo/Small Firm Committee of Cincinnati Bar Association, 2006
- Gave continuing education seminar regarding focus groups, Invited Speaker, Focus Groups, Clermont County Bar Association, 2004
- Gave continuing education seminar to Dayton trial attorneys on effective pleadings from the defense perspective, Speaker, Defense Pleadings, Montgomery County Bar Association, 2000
- Invited Speaker, Las Vegas CLE, 2014
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers
If you have questions about our practice areas, we invite you to learn more by clicking these links:
|Medical Malpractice||Medical Malpractice|
|Birth Injuries||Birth Injuries|
|Serious Personal Injuries||Serious Personal Injuries|
|Truck & Auto Accidents||Truck and Auto Accidents|