Strong Legal Representation For Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
Compassionate Advocacy For Victims Of Tbi Throughout Ohio
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is an acute injury usually caused by severe head trauma. Mild TBI can cause temporary brain dysfunction. More serious TBI can cause bleeding, torn tissues, bruises and even death. Unlike many other injuries that change a person physically, brain injuries can alter your personality and mental abilities. Brain injuries do not just heal like other injuries either – you may require significant long-term treatment.
The Ohio personal injury attorneys of Crandall & Pera Law have a reputation for recovering substantial jury verdicts and settlements. Many of the cases we have won are in the multi-million dollar range. Full compensation allows you or the person you love to get the medical care desperately needed to treat TBIs. Our attorneys serve victims throughout Ohio, including in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chagrin Falls, Columbus, and Chesterland.
Symptoms Of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Some people do not even know they have suffered a brain injury until they have a medical examination. The symptoms vary depending on the person and the seriousness of the trauma. Moderate to severe symptoms that may appear immediately after the accident of days later include:
- Loss of consciousness for seconds, minutes, or hours
- Headaches that persist or get worse
- Convulsions and seizures
- One or both eye pupils becoming dilated
- Inability to awaken
Consequences Of A Traumatic Brain Injury
TBI can destroy a person’s life and result in a range of mental and physical problems. Coping with the physical, emotional, and mental repercussions can be a nightmare for the victim and his or her family. Some of the known long-term consequences of a TBI include:
- Behavioral changes such as mood swings and depression.
- Physical complications, such as speech impairment and partial or full paralysis.
- Cognitive troubles such as loss of concentration and memory loss.
- Permanent damage to the brain because the supply of oxygen to the brain was cut off or lessened because of the accident.
A highly qualified traumatic brain injury attorney from Crandall & Pera Law can help you and your family secure the medical treatment you need to help mitigate the short- and long-term consequences of a traumatic brain injury.
The Causes Of Traumatic Brain Injury
Crandall & Pera Law handles all manner of complex claims and lawsuits for Ohio traumatic brain injury victims. Some of the more common cases of TBI we see result from:
- Medical Malpractice. Some medical procedures such as deliveries of newborns can cause severe TBI. When a newborn suffers a catastrophic TBI, the effect on the family is daunting. The newborn often never recovers.
- Falls. Slipping and falling can cause a TBI. Older adults and young children are especially prone to falls.
- Vehicle Accidents. Just one driver who runs a red light, or one driver who speeds can mean someone’s life goes from normal to catastrophic in the blink of an eye.
- Sports Injuries. More and more, amateur and even professional athletes are suffering injuries when they play football, soccer, hockey, or just fall off a skateboard. The more contact the sport has, the more likely an athlete may suffer a TBI.
- Falling Objects. Any debris or object that strikes someone from anywhere can cause a TBI or death such as the race car driver who was recently killed when he was struck by a flying object during a car crash.
- Construction Accidents. Falls from heights, defective machinery, and other hazards can hit a worker on the head, causing a serious brain injury.
Ohio Lawyers Fight For Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
Crandall & Pera Law provides comprehensive and aggressive strategies designed to protect TBI victims and their families. Please complete our contact form or call us at 877.686.8879 to schedule a no-obligation appointment today. We service clients across Ohio including in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Chagrin Falls, and Chesterland.