From an early age, Marc was taught the importance of helping others. That is why he loves being a trial lawyer who helps those who have suffered catastrophic injuries or lost loved ones because of the negligence of others.
After graduating from The Ohio State University College of Law in 1996, Marc initially worked for medium and large-sized firms representing insurance companies and big corporations. Through this experience, he learned how these companies evaluate and defend claims.
Once Marc gained this experience, he realized he would rather help those who were injured by negligence than protect the profit margins of insurance companies. So in 2002, Marc began representing victims of catastrophic injury and loss of life a result of medical negligence, ordinary negligence, and trucking negligence.
Passionate about what he does, Marc has been named to the Top 50 Cincinnati and Top 100 Super Lawyers lists by Law and Politics and Cincinnati Magazine in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. He was also named either a Super Lawyer or Rising Star by those same publications in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. Marc is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and the National Trial Lawyers Medical Malpractice Top 25. He is ranked “superb” by Avvo with a perfect 10 out of 10 ranking.
Marc teaches other lawyers frequently. He has given lectures to lawyers at the Ohio Association for Justice, the Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Clermont County Bar Association, the Montgomery County Bar Association, and the Florida Bar Association. Marc is a member of the Board and a Trustee for the Ohio Association for Justice and a Trustee for the Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association.
Marc has been married for over 25 years and has three children. When he isn’t practicing law, he can usually be found at one of his kids’ games or on the golf course.
Marc manages Crandall and Pera’s Cincinnati and Dayton offices and represents individuals throughout Ohio and Kentucky.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Minnesota, 1996
- Ohio, 1998
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1996
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota
- Invited Speaker, Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, Opening Statements and Closing Arguments, May 2014
- Invited Speaker, Trial Objections, Cincinnati Bar Association’s Advocacy Series, May 2013
- Invited Speaker, Las Vegas, The Basics of Medical Malpractice, Getaway CLE 2013
- Invited Speaker, Flying Solo, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2012
- Invited Speaker, Bad Faith Litigation, NBI, 2012
- Invited Speaker, The Basics of Medical Malpractice, Getaway CLE, 2012
- Invited Speaker, Litigating Uninsured/underinsured Motorists Claims, NBI, 2011
- Invited Speaker, Maximizing Damages, NBI, 2010
- Invited speaker regarding how to successfully identify and screen medical malpractice, employer intentional tort, and products liability cases, Speaker, Take It, Refer It, or Run From It, Cincinnati Eastside Lawyers, 2009
- Invited speaker regarding advanced deposition techniques for the Presidential Showcase Continuing Legal Education Seminar for the Florida Bar Association, Speaker, Advanced Deposition Techniques, The Florida Bar Association, 2009
- Invited speaker for Ohio Association for Justice (Ohio trial lawyer association) regarding how to maximize value of medical malpractice cases with effective opening statement, Speaker, A New Approach to Damages, Ohio Association for Justice, 2008
- Invited speaker for new lawyers training regarding medical malpractice cases, Speaker, Medical Malpractice Basics, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2008
- Invited speaker for new lawyers training for Cincinnati Bar Association regarding medical malpractice cases, Speaker, Medical Malpractice Basics, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2007
- Invited panel member to discuss what works during trial and what doesn’t for Hamilton County Trial Lawyers Organization (Cincinnati Trial Lawyers Association), Panel Member, Trial Tactics, Hamilton County Trial Lawyers, 2007
- Invited speaker regarding how to maximize the value of medical malpractice and personal injury cases, Speaker, What is your case worth?, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2007
- Gave continuing legal education seminar on “tort reform” in Ohio, Speaker, Tort Reform, Solo/Small Firm Committee of Cincinnati Bar Association, 2006
- Gave continuing education seminar regarding focus groups, Invited Speaker, Focus Groups, Clermont County Bar Association, 2004
- Gave continuing education seminar to Dayton trial attorneys on effective pleadings from the defense perspective, Speaker, Defense Pleadings, Montgomery County Bar Association, 2000
- Invited Speaker, Las Vegas CLE, 2014
- Invited Speaker, Selecting and Prosecuting Plaintiff’s Cases, Cincinnati Bar Association, 2017 to 2017
- Examines “the Real Dangers of Weight Loss Surgery ”, Insider Exclusive!
Honors and Awards
- Member, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers
- Top 50 Cincinnati Super Lawyers, Law and Politics and Cincinnati Magazine, 2013-2020
- Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers, Law and Politics and Cincinnati Magazine, 2013-2020
- Ohio Super Lawyer, Law and Politics and Cincinnati Magazine, 2005, 2007, 2009 - 2012
- Avvo Ranks as “Superb” with a Perfect 10 out of 10 Ranking
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, Law and Politics and Cincinnati Magazine, 2005, 2007, 2009 - 2012
- Top 10 Attorneys, American Institute of Personal Injury
- Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Awardee, Lifetime Achievement of the Top 100, America’s Top 100
- Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers Association, The National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio Association for Justice, Medical Negligence Committee, Chair, 2009 to 2010
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Solo/Small Firm Committee, Chair, 2006 to 2008
- Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, Trustee, 2013
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, Board of Trustees, Representative, 2014 to 2016
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member