We Are Here For You After A Serious Collision
If you have been injured, or if your family member was injured or killed in an auto accident because of another’s negligence, you do not have to stand against the at-fault driver and the insurance companies alone. You deserve to have your rights protected by an experienced personal injury lawyer.
At Crandall & Pera Law, we have decades of relevant experience representing clients in a wide variety of crashes. There are many types of automobile accidents — some of which may cause disabling injuries or death.
Types Of Crash Cases Our Attorneys Handle
Some of the complicated claims our auto accident lawyers litigate involve:
- Bike and pedestrian accidents that might involve a back over or side swipe with a door
- Motorcycle crashes that can result in paralysis or serious brain injuries
- DUI-related accidents with potential dram shop liability against a bar or restaurant
- Uninsured/underinsured drivers
Additionally, our firm handles claims involving collisions between cars and commercial trucks. In most collisions between trucks and cars at highway speed, the truck driver may be injured but the car driver is usually catastrophically injured or killed.
What Is Negligence, As Applied To Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Generally speaking, negligence is the lack of ordinary care: a failure to use the degree of care that a reasonably prudent person would use under the same circumstances. Because Ohio is a “comparative negligence” state, multiple drivers may share responsibility for an accident, which can affect compensation.
Negligence in automobile accidents is most often associated with:
- Driver error. This includes failing to stay in one’s lane, yield the right of way, following too closely, speeding, driving while intoxicated or impaired (DWI), or disregarding traffic signs or signals.
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle. Every vehicle owner/driver is responsible for keeping their car and its safety mechanisms in good working order, especially the steering mechanism, brakes, head and tail lights, and signal lamps.
- Driver distraction. This includes the driver attempting to read maps or change radio stations, using a cellular phone for talking or texting, or diverting his or her attention from the road to things inside or outside the vehicle.
If you have been injured, or a loved one has been injured or killed in an auto accident, seek legal advice as soon as possible. If a lawsuit is not brought in time, you may permanently lose any right to recover compensation
Your Counsel When An Insurer Makes Recovery Even More Difficult
A qualified attorney at Crandall & Pera Law can help by being the point of contact between you and all other parties, including other drivers’ insurance companies and claims adjusters. We are also skilled at collecting and evaluating the medical information and investigative reports necessary to obtain fair compensation.