We Are Here For You After A Serious Collision
If you have been injured, or if your family member was injured or killed in an auto accident because of another’s negligence, you do not have to stand up against the at-fault driver and the insurance companies alone. You deserve to have your rights protected by an experienced personal injury lawyer.
At Crandall & Pera Law, we have decades of relevant experience representing clients in a wide variety of crashes. There are many types of automobile accidents – some of which may cause disabling injuries or death.
Types Of Crash Cases Our Attorneys Handle
Some of the complicated claims our auto accident lawyers litigate involve:
- Bike and pedestrian accidents that might involve a driver backing over the victim or side swiping them with a door
- Motorcycle crashes that can result in paralysis or serious brain injuries
- DUI-related accidents with potential dram shop liability against a bar or restaurant
- Uninsured/underinsured drivers
Additionally, our firm handles claims involving collisions between cars and commercial trucks. In most collisions between trucks and cars at highway speed, the truck driver may be injured, but the car driver is usually catastrophically injured or killed.
Examples Of Motor Vehicle Accident Negligence
Negligence in operating a motor vehicle takes several forms. Because Ohio is a “comparative negligence” state, multiple drivers may share responsibility for an accident, which can affect compensation. Negligence in automobile accidents is most often associated with:
- Driver error. This includes failing to stay in one’s lane or yield, driving while impaired (DWI) or disregarding traffic signs or signals.
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle. Every vehicle owner/driver is responsible for keeping their car or truck in good working order, especially the steering mechanism, brakes, head and tail lights, and signal lamps.
- Driver distraction. There is a high risk for an accident to happen when the driver is distracted, for example, by such things as other car occupants, a cellphone or radio.
If you have been injured, or a loved one has been injured or killed in an auto accident, obtain legal advice right away. If a lawsuit is not brought in time, you may permanently lose any right to recover compensation.
Your Counsel When An Insurer Makes Recovery Even More Difficult
A qualified attorney at Crandall & Pera Law can help by coordinating contact between you and all other parties, including other drivers’ insurance companies and claims adjusters. We are also skilled at collecting and evaluating all information and reports necessary to obtain fair compensation.