Ohio Car Incursion Cases Can Turn Deadly
An incursion by a motor vehicle is an intrusion, brought about by loss of control, into an area where it should not be. An incursion made into a farmer’s field may cause only minimal loss, but one made through the plate glass window of a fast food restaurant, or through a residential wall into someone’s living room, can cause catastrophic injury or death.
Victims may include individuals inside the building, persons standing around the building or passengers of the vehicle.
At Crandall & Pera Law, our experienced trial attorneys combine legal acumen with client care to effectively represent injured parties in some of the most complicated cases. While these cases are relatively rare, the consequences can be grave for those who are hurt in the crash.
Causes Of Car Incursion Cases
The physical damage to the building itself can be disastrous — but the potential for severe injury or death is eminent to anyone in or around the building, or inside the vehicle. These serious cases can be the result of many different negligent actions by the driver, including:
- Intoxicated driving, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Pedal confusion, or hitting the gas instead of the brake
- Medical complications, such as having a stroke, heart attack, seizure or serious medical issue while driving as a result of the medication you are taking
- Car manufacturing defects, where a faulty car part may cause a vehicle to malfunction
- Fatigued driving, or drowsy driving, which can be just as dangerous as drunk driving
- Distracted driving, such as talking on the phone, texting, using a GPS or another distraction that diverts the driver’s attention
- Design defects, in the layout of the building or the roads around the building
What Are Some Of The Complications Of Incursion Cases?
An incursion can result in more than one case. Ohio’s traffic laws do not specifically address incursions since these often result from other types of traffic violations such as speeding, reckless driving or DWI.
However, not every incursion is the result of DWI, speeding, reckless driving or any other traffic violation. Oftentimes, buildings, parking lots or roads are designed in such a way that makes the buildings more susceptible to being struck. In addition, there have been incidents in which engineering defects have caused vehicles to move forward or backward suddenly, outside the control of the driver. Drivers have had heart attacks, severe allergic reactions, hypoglycemic attacks (diabetics) and lost consciousness.
The Attorney You Choose Makes All The Difference
Hiring Crandall & Pera Law can make the difference between favorable and unfavorable outcomes. If you or a loved one was injured in a car incursion accident, please call us at 855-444-6651, or fill out our contact form to schedule a no-obligation consultation. We have five Ohio law offices conveniently located in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Chesterland and Chagrin Falls.